What is EIFS?
"EIFS consists of five basic components:
- Insulation board, made of polystyrene or polyisocyanurate foam
- A specially formulated adhesive and/or mechanical attachment of the insulation to a substrate
- Glass fiber reinforcing mesh
- A durable, water-resistant base coat, which is applied on top of the insulation that functions as the weather barrier
- An attractive and durable finish coat — typically using acrylic co-polymer technology — which is both colorfast and crack-resistant" (EIMA).
What are the Benefits?
There are many advantages to choosing EIFS as your exterior finish to your house or business. One of the biggest advantages is the energy conservation. EIFS is a great source of insulation. It is difficult for air to pass through it which means that your heating and air-conditioning stays in, reducing your bill. Another advantage is the wide range of possibilities. There are many colors and textures for you to choose from for an almost complete customization.